Overseas Nurse migration & Visa Enquiry

liliannn

Hello everybody! I just started the registration process with AHPRA in Perth ..and I am looking for applying PR here as my working holiday visa will be expired in Oct2014. I read a lot of forum and searched on the internet, but I am still confused about the process..and the way I should go in order to get my PR.

I heard some people go to ANMAC before AHPRA..but before I didn't know that..so I just go AHPRA straightly after I passed my OET exam...so what should I do now? wait for the registration from AHPRA (at least 3 months?) and then go to ANMAC for modified assessment ? or I should go to ANMAC now at the same time..in this way I can get my PR faster?

And according to the PR visa, which visa is the best? apply the independent one (189) or wait until apply a job in the hospital here then they can sponsor me (norminated visa or state visa ..what is the difference? and is it easy to apply a job here that is willing to employ oversea nurse with 457 visa? )...and which way is the best /fastest way to be a PR here?

I really appreciate you help and looking forward to your answers. Thanks a lot!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everybody! I just started the registration process with AHPRA in Perth ..and I am looking for applying PR here as my working holiday visa will be expired in Oct2014. I read a lot of forum and searched on the internet, but I am still confused about the process..and the way I should go in order to get my PR.

I heard some people go to ANMAC before AHPRA..but before I didn't know that..so I just go AHPRA straightly after I passed my OET exam...so what should I do now? wait for the registration from AHPRA (at least 3 months?) and then go to ANMAC for modified assessment ? or I should go to ANMAC now at the same time..in this way I can get my PR faster?

And according to the PR visa, which visa is the best? apply the independent one (189) or wait until apply a job in the hospital here then they can sponsor me (norminated visa or state visa ..what is the difference? and is it easy to apply a job here that is willing to employ oversea nurse with 457 visa? )...and which way is the best /fastest way to be a PR here?

I really appreciate you help and looking forward to your answers. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi, so its a good thing you applied ahpra because its taking ages to give out registrations. Now if I were you I would apply anmac immediately because you are a bit tied up with the timings. Anmac takes about 16 weeks for full assessment and Ahpra is unpredictable so I ve been waiting for 8 months for my registration. I applied 189 visa and it took me 3 months from the date it was launched till the letter of acceptance. the process is long so dont wait and start. Its costy but I would go for full assessment of anmac now and than apply for 189 visa. Its is not easy to get sponsored You have to be lucky or no someone to help you that is already working there.

Good luck

Hi, so its a good thing you applied ahpra because its taking ages to give out registrations. Now if I were you I would apply anmac immediately because you are a bit tied up with the timings. Anmac takes about 16 weeks for full assessment and Ahpra is unpredictable so I ve been waiting for 8 months for my registration. I applied 189 visa and it took me 3 months from the date it was launched till the letter of acceptance. the process is long so dont wait and start. Its costy but I would go for full assessment of anmac now and than apply for 189 visa. Its is not easy to get sponsored You have to be lucky or no someone to help you that is already working there.

Good luck

Hi I really appreciate your answer. I am also thinking about the same way as you! no time to waste..and I believe with the 189 visa, I can get a job easier and start to work asap.. you know it is so difficult to get a job now without AHPRA registration granted and an appropriate visa :(((

btw, may I ask how many points do you get to apply for your 189visa? I barely get 60 points only and afraid may not get invitation :( and also did you use any agency during the process?

thanks a lot! and good luck for your new life in oz with the 189 visa :)

Hi I really appreciate your answer. I am also thinking about the same way as you! no time to waste..and I believe with the 189 visa, I can get a job easier and start to work asap.. you know it is so difficult to get a job now without AHPRA registration granted and an appropriate visa :(((

btw, may I ask how many points do you get to apply for your 189visa? I barely get 60 points only and afraid may not get invitation :( and also did you use any agency during the process?

thanks a lot! and good luck for your new life in oz with the 189 visa :)

So you need to have 60 points and if you do you will get invited immediately cause nurses number needed is high so you wont wait. But you have to have 60 points at least. With ielts and anmac you should make it. I did not use an agency I think they are a bit of a rip off if you can do the job yourself. They are just a person in the middle. So its better if the organizations get directly to you.

Archived