Do i need to be working in my occupation directly before applying for my 190 visa??

steveinmunich

hi guys,

First time poster:)

I have just applied for state sponsorship (w.a) 190 as a carpenter. i have just passed of course my skills assessment in carpentry through vetassess and have done my ielts (8.5 8.5 9.0 7.0)

My question is, do i have to be working in the carpentry industry prior to applying? The problem is that there hasn't been much work here in months, so i have been do temporary work through an agency.. varies different jobs. my thinking being better to work at something than sit at home all day.

I hope the question is clear enough, its just i think i read somewhere that i have to be working in said occupation for ... maybe 1 year out of the last 2 before applying. I mean the reason i'M applying to go back to Australia is that the work isnt here and i have a full time job offer in Perth.

Would appreciate some info or wisdom from yous:)

Thanks Heaps Steve

Hey Thanks Canuck:) If i could ask one more question while im here. For employment evidence from years ago in Ireland is a reference sufficient? the company has went under and i don't have any evidence from working there..... Except my old supervisior and boss?

Archived