Proof of employment - what is needed

kellyconnor

Just a quick question what is needed to prove employment? Do you have to have a reference for every company you've worked at? TRA was done back in 2006 so don't have those documents to rely on and it's proving difficult trying to get in touch with some employers. Would P60's suffice or not? Or does it just depend on your CO?

Thanks

Kelly

Hi, my hubby has worked at his place for the past 8 years and although we can get a reference from his previous employer, we are only sending this one as it covers the employment we're claiming points for (8 out of the last 10 years bit, 15 points), plus all P60s for those years.

Thanks Lizzie we are just missing his earlier employment which covers 2006 - which is the 8 years needed. Just spoke to my agent and husband has applied for employment history from Inland Revenue but again this only goes back to 2007 I think so still 1 year short will be tearing the house apart looking for an earlier P60 or payslip although the agent doesn't seem as worried as I am. By the way I am only front loading as hoping to get an invitation for 190 on Monday so probably getting to caught up in something that may not happen! The joys of migrating...

Archived