how much spending money

bessiedoll

Hi guys.

i am going back home to England for 16 days in May, just me and my partner for a holiday/ honeymoon. i am really struggling to work out how much spending money we will need. i have never been on holiday to England before. living there and holidaying there are 2 totally different things, so i wouldnt know where to start with how much spending money to take.

these are are plans, hopefully someone can give me a rough idea of how much we will need.

Staying with my parents the whole time, so no need to pay for accommodation.

will be having most meals at home.

occasional lunches and dinners out.

maybe 2 nights out.

a few day trips (i worked out the cost to be 250GBP for all of them)

petrol

1 day in London when we arrive then driving north that night.

maybe a weeks shopping to replace what we eat at home.

buying things we cant get here (clothes etc)

i know no one can give me an exact amount, but i just want to know if anyone else has done a similar holiday, and how much they needed. i just dont want to end up not having enough money, and having to use credit cards, which will cost a fortune in extra charges.

Thanks is advance

xx

We usually budget an average £100 a day for holidays and that's for the 3 of us - that includes food and excursions. Everyone is different though, I'm never happy just lounging around so we do 'something' most days but we tend to eat fairly cheaply, picnics rather than fancy restaurants & try to go self-catering when we can, even if it's just a kitchenette in a hotel room.

If your trip is mainly about catching up with family and friends you could probably half that.

I'm assuming any car hire is paid in advance?

We usually budget an average £100 a day for holidays and that's for the 3 of us - that includes food and excursions. Everyone is different though, I'm never happy just lounging around so we do 'something' most days but we tend to eat fairly cheaply, picnics rather than fancy restaurants & try to go self-catering when we can, even if it's just a kitchenette in a hotel room.

If your trip is mainly about catching up with family and friends you could probably half that.

I'm assuming any car hire is paid in advance?

yes we have already paid for car hire. i have never been one for fancy meals out, so we will also be having a picnic whenever we go anywhere. my partner has never been to my home town, so i cant wait to show him everything.. everyday will be filled with something. and luckily there is half term in the middle so we will be able to take my niece and nephews out with us all the time too. i am also looking for any 2 4 1 deals on day trips etc, just to keep costs down a bit. i keep thinking my biggest expense will be buying things to bring back, but i probably wont have time to do much shopping, so i probably have nothing to worry about. plus there will be days when we dont spend any money at all. thanks for you advice. xx

Archived