Twilight/night swims at Bronte Beach.

MARYROSE02

I was worried that I was leaving a bit late to go down there for a swim, but it's actually rather pleasant. I don't swim in the surf of course, but the pool, and usually the rock pool, are both safe, the water is still warm, and most days the temperature is warm too. It was a little chill out last night, but today back to Indian summer. I should go down earlier, but I avoid the rush hour traffic by going around 7-730.

Guest Guest 47403

Just looked on Google maps what a great set up, feel like you're in the ocean but the safety of a pool brilliant.

I swam in both pools tonight, usually prefer the rock pool, but the waves were breaking into it tonight. (I am a wimp!) I also managed a jog along the beach before the swim. I went to Clovelly last week but then I got to thinking that, after dark, it's not good to be swimming in there on my own. Usually safe, but the steps down can be slippery. both beaches are about the same distance from my home in Surry Hills - 7 kilometres.

It is probably a 25 m pool, and there are lanes marked in the middle. I keep to the edge if I am in there. Don't like / can't do laps. Maybe more,than 25 m, not sure. Sometimes it is busy. Remember sharing it with Welsh RUGBY,team two years ago in,June.

Archived