sell or rent

littlelegz

we hope to be out in oz buy may but untill i have been told ive got my 457 visa i dont know what to do with my house in england? Do i rent for 6 months (just in case) or go for the sale and just go! but i'm worried that if we have to return to england i'm off the housing market.... Any advise as its getting near!!!

Guest Liz and Paul

Hi,

Its a difficult decision to make, we applied for our permanent visa in May last year, having passed the skills assessment. We decided that if for any reason we didn't get it we would go down the sponsorship route and one way or the other get here!! so we decided to put the house on the market in the June. It sold the same week and luckily our buyers let us stay in the house until October - even then though we hadn't got our visa's (sounds a bit of a mad idea looking back), so we moved into my parents house. We got the visa's in November but stayed there for Christmas and came out in January.

You need to think about the housing market - my mom and Dad have had their house up for sale for 3 months and no-one has looked at it yet.

Have you got anywhere to move to if you sell it in the meantime?

Liz

Archived