Is anybody using an OPAL card? I ordered my first one today.

MARYROSE02

• 3 weeks later...

I've used mine for over a week now, and, if nothing else, I'm getting the earlier train because I don't waste time at the ticket machines. Mind you, if I left five minutes earlier, I would not have that problem. I shall have to check my account to see what I'm paying. I've remembered to use at the other end too!

I should apply for one but I haven't got round to it. I'm only an infrequent train user at the moment.

It does irk me that they haven't taken the opportunity to sort out the fare structuring, as London did with Oyster. It (electronic ticketing) loses half the point without it

I guess you get one, put $20/30 whatever minimum is on card and just keep it in yr,wallet. I have,two Metro Ten cards in my,wallet, one,with one bus ride from March 2013, the other with no rides at,all. Don't really need them now I have Opal card.

CAN get one! Forgot that word. Funny, I.made deliberate decision to get on slow train back to Central, because Blue Mts one,was crowded. Young,guy I work and,travel with likes to get in front carriage as it is easier for his train connection. I prefer the,rear carriage as it,is,easier to get out by Devonshire St exit. Plus I find it is,not,so crowded. At Rooty Hill now, one of the funnier, (& smuttier) sounding names!)

I've had one for a month and I like it for the convenience. It's not saving me any money, and it's stupid not being able to use it for journeys that combine train and bus ... but still allows you to avoid the ticket queue. You also get to travel for $2.50 on Sunday, I believe.

Archived