getting employment on a temporary de facto visa (subclass 309)

Guest Sdavis654

Guest Sdavis654

Hi there,

I just wanted to see if anyone has had any difficulty getting a job in OZ after being granted the de facto temporary visa (subclass 309)???

Mine has been granted for a month and I will be returning to Melbourne next week with the intention of getting into work as soon as possible. I can't help feeling that this is going to be a lot harder than i first thought due to not being on a permenant residency yet, or would it still be classed as this?

I'm getting a bit confused about what to put on applications and just wanted to know what other people had done and if they have had any difficulty?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Sandra

I would suggest you do not mention the word temporary unless you are directly asked. Some members have had problems when they mention temporary visa as some employers will only employ permanent visa holders. If you tell everyone you are on a spouse visa then If you are then asked at an interview you can explain it becomes permanent after two years.

Guest Sdavis654

Thanks Carhall, I wasn't too sure what to put on my applications or even my resume. I know its not really something I would normally put on but with most of my experience being in the Uk (plus 6 months in Melbourne on a WHV and a years internship in USA) then I would presume that an employer wouldn't read another second of my resume without knowing first that I do have full working rights.

Its a tough call though.

Still would be interested to know if anyone has found it difficult or not to find jobs??

On your CV you can put that you have full working rights on your spouse visa. you are not telling any lies as you will have full working rights. But that sounds better than saying You have full working rights on your temporary spouse visa s that gives the impression you will not be staying.

Guest Sdavis654

Thanks Carlhall, that is great advice and just updated the status on my **resume** (edited as it said visa!).

LittleMissWildChild - that is really good news!! I have been looking for jobs while back in the UK and move out next week so thought i would make a start in getting my cv up to scratch and a start on applications, so finding this out has brightened my day :D

Thank you for all your help :)

Archived