Any young couples in brisbane/brisbane bayside??

zoedan24

me and my partner moved to Aus December 2011 and are still looking to make a good group of friends our age. We are 24 and 26, no kids. Seems to be hard to meet people without having kids or being a bit older.

anyone in the same situation?

Any particular reason you live in Bayside? Can't imagine there's many young couples around there. Paddington or Teneriffe or something along those lines would be much better for that age group

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
me and my partner moved to Aus December 2011 and are still looking to make a good group of friends our age. We are 24 and 26, no kids. Seems to be hard to meet people without having kids or being a bit older.

anyone in the same situation?

Hi, we live in Wynnum North with kids, it is very family oriented. W

ynnum is very quiet of an evening. Manly has slightly more action.

Joining in some of the local sporting activities would be your best bet. There is a free community fitness programme on Wynnum Esplanade during the week contact Kris Fleming 0458002959. There is an adult swim club at Manly Pool (early morning) and a Triathlon club.

There is a 'walkers groups on the Esplanade' check this out via Wynnum Facebook page or Meetup website; Park Run happens every Sat morning 7am at the end of Wynnum Wading pool (register online), Wednesday afternoon Go Sailing (WAGS) is free sailing at Manly Yacht Club - you would be crew and novice or skilled is welcome.

The Bayside PCYC has facilities and classes for adults as well as kids. This includes squash courts, gym, martial arts classes. There is adult touch rugby and league (Bayside Bugs), softball, netball etc etc

If you look at the local Wynnum Quest newspaper you will see there are free trial kayaking and sailing events held for kids and adults.

Thorneside has a canoe club on Tingalpa creek / river.

Sleeman Sports Complex Chandler - adult badminton Wed nights.

Wynnum library has evening events (poetry/ writers / bookclub). You can check out this an other local events on the Brisbane City Council website.

We know younger folk who go to the Wynnum Manly Leagues club, it does cater well for all ages and decent drink prices.

The Manly Hotel probably the widest range of music on and dance area and I see quite a few 20/30 somethings involved.

The Wynnum Manly Trailer Boat Club has some music and charity events.

The other option is to join in some of the charity and volunteer organisations this could include Coastguard, Red Cross etc

Food for thought?

Archived