Vetassess Technical Skype Interview - Carpenter...help

natalieandjamesoz

Hi All,

My OH is a carpenter and we have recently passed the first stage of the skill assessment with Vetassess. We paid for the second stage 2 weeks ago now and just wondering how long it took for others to be given a technical interview date and also what type of questions were asked in the interview?

We originally wanted to do a practical assessment but were told they dont have any planned for this yet in the UK (as of yet) and we are hoping to get our application in before the 1st July changes...just incase Carpenter is removed from the list!

Any help would be great!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All,

My OH is a carpenter and we have recently passed the first stage of the skill assessment with Vetassess. We paid for the second stage 2 weeks ago now and just wondering how long it took for others to be given a technical interview date and also what type of questions were asked in the interview?

We originally wanted to do a practical assessment but were told they dont have any planned for this yet in the UK (as of yet) and we are hoping to get our application in before the 1st July changes...just incase Carpenter is removed from the list!

Any help would be great!

Thanks

My interview was part of the practical test. one full day at Accrington college. Unless things have changed, it was. Meet at 7;30. run through the day's events and what's expected from you. Build a saw horse to a plan given to you. construct a pitch roof with hip ends to scale on an 8 x 4 table, rip a piece of timber down the middle with a circular saw, then plane the rough edge with an electric planer. some written "exams" where about naming scaffold parts, naming parts of timber framing such as studs, noggins, joists etc. the interview, which everyone thinks is going to be a killer, wasn't so bad, just asked about the order in which things happen, asked what a mitre cut was and a scribe cut. most of it was about reading plans and health and safety. all straight forward really. they are trying to weed out the one trying to pull the wool over their eyes, they know the ones who can do it and the ones that can't.

Hey Natalieandjamesoz,

My partner will be having a carpentry technical interview soon, just wanted to know how your interview went and what to expect? I appreciate things could have changed but just wanted to know how long it took and what type of questions you were asked?

Hope you made it to Oz by the way :-)

Thanks

Sorry guys, just re-read the date on the post! I've read so much on here I'm getting confused!! Best of luck with your interview :-)

Archived