Medical and Police clearance

winsonwongsg

Hi all,

I have a question regards to the above subject.

I got an invitation under state sponsorship. I have submitted and paid for the visa 190 application.

My question, should i start doing the police clearance and medical check now or wait for a case officer.

cheers!

Winson Wong

Medical and police checks are only valid for 12 months. I dont know the processing time for a sponser visa but given a partner 820 visa takes up to 13 months to process I waited until i was asked to provide them. To be fair once they were back I had my Visa a week later, maybe I should have provided them earlier.

If you're in the UK it doesn't take too long for the medicals and police certificate - I got offered an appointment in Manchester the next day but couldn't make it. The police certificate was back in a week...it's up to you! If you want to go out ASAP maybe get them done - just remember you have to have entered Australia within 12 months of the oldest of the two. If you're in no rush, there's no harm waiting to give you as long as possible to enter Oz just in case there are any unknown issues!!

Hope that helps :)

Archived