457 visa question

Apologies if this is a daft question but does a sponsored job role for a 457 visa have to be listed on the SOL or CSOL? We are finding jobs advertised for the role of Investigator (Complaints or Law related) which offer sponsorship but the role of Investigator doesn't seem to be on the lists (have seen Insurance Investigator). I have noticed Detective is on CSOL. Not sure how it all works. Any ideas anyone.

Hi, I was told it had to be on one of those lists (mine is on the CSOL) - you may find that the job title specifically isn't on the lists but if you check the ANSCO site for a description of duties/experience/skills needed for certain roles that might be similar you may find you can apply under a related code? For example - I'm an in-house legal advisor but I don't practice as a solicitor or barrister so I couldn't apply under those ANSCO code. But there is an occupation on the CSOL list of "judicial and other legal professionals (NEC)" which is what I applied under and obtained my 457 visa a few weeks ago.

Archived