when do i pay...

Kooky

Me and my husband are at the last stages of applying for the visa (meds and police checks) and have the funds in the bank to cover it. We were not going to move until the end of 2015/16 but have started to change our plans and it looks like we will be heading out october/november (assuming we actually get the visa). Originally we were going to remortgage to free up cash to do the moving stuff and a recci this summer.

Since our plans are changing i am wondering if we may be able to do without the remortgage and wait for the house sale to go through (fingers crossed we can sell on time!). so i guess my question is this - How much of the rest do we need funds for. We are shipping a pet, our camper van, we will obviously need flights, and a move cube or container. How much of this do we have to pay up front? (just trying to work out if it is worth applying for the remortgage to not - we have a little bit in an investment that may cover it).

any advice?:huh:

I guess it depends on your time scale for house sale are u planning to sell and then stay somewhere for a few weeks before leaving, if so you could prob wait on funds from sale. I booked everything at start of May and moved mid June. As it was so close had to pay whole amounts for shipping of goods n cat and of course flights all together cost me just under £7000 which was 20ft container, 3 flights and cost of shipping out his royal furriness. If I had been in position to book earlier tho could have just put deposits down on shipping and pet package then paid balance couple of weeks before. Not sure if that helps

mem

Archived