Getting police checks from abroad: necessary before send in application?

amerriam

Hello all!

I am putting together my partner visa application but realized that I have to get 3 police checks for 3 different countries that I've lived in past 10 yrs (Canada, USA, China).

Does anyone know if they will begin to process my application prior to actually sending in these checks or if I have to wait before I can send them all in together? It will be at least 1.5 months+ when mailing times taken into account. Would love to send everything in beforehand.

Also, will I necessarily have to get a health check or is that only required if they ask for one specifically?

Many thanks in advance!!!

You are applying in London?

They actually ask you to only submit the police checks after about 4 months (once your CO is assigned they will give you a time frame). This is because police checks (and medical checks) usually expire after 12 months and depending on your visa processing time you might be cutting it close with your first entry date after approval (you will have to enter Australia on your visa before your police/medical checks expire).

And yes, you will have to do a medical check, but again only after submitting your application in the time frame provided by your CO (for me this was again 4months after the date of application).

You are applying in London?

They actually ask you to only submit the police checks after about 4 months (once your CO is assigned they will give you a time frame). This is because police checks (and medical checks) usually expire after 12 months and depending on your visa processing time you might be cutting it close with your first entry date after approval (you will have to enter Australia on your visa before your police/medical checks expire).

And yes, you will have to do a medical check, but again only after submitting your application in the time frame provided by your CO (for me this was again 4months after the date of application).

No I'm applying from inside Australia! And my understanding is that when that's the case you have to include police checks with the initial application. But I'm not sure why ...

Would be great if you're right! Can anyone else confirm either way?

Archived