Best path to migrate to Aus!?

jchristie

I'm so confused and any help is appreciated!!

So I'm English and plan to move to aus when i finish my A levels. The only thing is I have a few options to try and get it and I'm stuck at which one would harness the best chances of me getting in?

I have an uncle and auntie who live in australia, my girlfriend is an Australian born citizen and we've been together over a year, when i finish school it will be over two years. I also have an interest in locksmithing, and it's on the list of wanted professions. I am also teaching myself computer science online. Is there anyway this could help me get in to the country? Even though I won't actually receive a qualification as I'm teaching it myself?

So my question is what's the best option!?

Could my uncle and auntie sponsor me or is that not dependant family? What are the implications of this?

Could I apply for a partner visa with my girlfriend when I leave school?

How are you deemed a 'locksmith' by australia? If i shadowed a locksmith for a year, and took courses, would that be proficient to get in? (bearing in mind the shadowing would only be a couple of hours a week due to school.)

ANY help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

James

I'm so confused and any help is appreciated!!

So I'm English and plan to move to aus when i finish my A levels. The only thing is I have a few options to try and get it and I'm stuck at which one would harness the best chances of me getting in?

I have an uncle and auntie who live in australia, my girlfriend is an Australian born citizen and we've been together over a year, when i finish school it will be over two years. I also have an interest in locksmithing, and it's on the list of wanted professions. I am also teaching myself computer science online. Is there anyway this could help me get in to the country? Even though I won't actually receive a qualification as I'm teaching it myself?

So my question is what's the best option!?

Could my uncle and auntie sponsor me or is that not dependant family? No - they would not be able to sponsor you. What are the implications of this?

Could I apply for a partner visa with my girlfriend when I leave school? If you are both over 18 and can show that you have been in a defacto relationship for at least 12 months.

How are you deemed a 'locksmith' by australia? If i shadowed a locksmith for a year, and took courses, would that be proficient to get in? (bearing in mind the shadowing would only be a couple of hours a week due to school.) No this would not be enough - to get a positive skills assessment for a trade occupation if done by apprenticeship - you need 5 years as an apprentice plus a further 3 years work experience or a trade qualification equivalent to AQF3 plus 3 years work experience.

ANY help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

James

From what you have posted going out on a WHV and building up the defacto evidence required for a Partner visa may be your best option.

Applying for a Partner visa onshore takes around 12 months.

I would suggest running things past a registered migration agent to make sure that you have looked at all the options.

You would be subject to international fees until you were a PR, Partner visas there is a 2 year waiting time to get PR, after applying, a temp visa is granted first.

Archived