Direction and Advice Needed

ssarmast

Hi Folks,

I needed some advice from the gurus out there. I am on a student visa have just got my IELTS results with 8.5 average no score being less than 8. Now I need to apply for my 190. However, the skill asssement body is going to take 10 weeks to assess my application and my visa runs out in exactly 3.5 weeks. I do have a sponsor for a 457 but i am not too keen on going for that as this is not related to my study in Australia but is related to what I had studied back home in India. Now my question is whats my best option considering my time frame. If i file for a 457 and get the visa too can I file for a 190 once I have recieved my 457. Will I need to work for a certian time frame withmy employer and then file for my 190. Could anyone share with me whats the best way to go considering my limited time frame. Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Salman

Well, it's obvious that you cannot apply for 189 or 190 with that timeframe.

Might as well go ahead with what you have in hand.

For regular 189 GSM doesn't require you to currently work in your nominated occupation. Just to have enough points from various criteria (age, ielts, education, work experience)

If you go for 190, working experience requirement varies between states.

Hope it helps

QUOTE=ssarmast;1936442983]Hi Folks,

I needed some advice from the gurus out there. I am on a student visa have just got my IELTS results with 8.5 average no score being less than 8. Now I need to apply for my 190. However, the skill asssement body is going to take 10 weeks to assess my application and my visa runs out in exactly 3.5 weeks. I do have a sponsor for a 457 but i am not too keen on going for that as this is not related to my study in Australia but is related to what I had studied back home in India. Now my question is whats my best option considering my time frame. If i file for a 457 and get the visa too can I file for a 190 once I have recieved my 457. Will I need to work for a certian time frame withmy employer and then file for my 190. Could anyone share with me whats the best way to go considering my limited time frame. Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Salman

Archived