got the job...

jameskristie

Guest The Pom Queen
Found out yesterday i've landed a job in perth and they want me there asap, i'm a wee bit over excited, 101 million things to sort now!

From going to oz in november to deciding to work there to now being in this position has been a bit rapid!

That's great new, I can confirm Perth is lovely, although that might just be the people I met lol.

Good luck with the organising.

cheers, i visited sydney, wollongong & byron areas for 3 week and a week in nz last year cos my wife has wanted to move for half her life, it didn't take much convincing for me to agree.

I started out trying to progress my own visa but got an offer i can't refuse, my wifes best friend moved there a few months ago and we'll be moving in with them short term, it's very exciting indeed!

cheers, i visited sydney, wollongong & byron areas for 3 week and a week in nz last year cos my wife has wanted to move for half her life, it didn't take much convincing for me to agree.

I started out trying to progress my own visa but got an offer i can't refuse, my wifes best friend moved there a few months ago and we'll be moving in with them short term, it's very exciting indeed!

That was like us - don't stop progressing your own visa (assuming you are going over on a 457), we got our PR visa 9 months after we arrived and it is a much nicer feeling knowing that you're not dependent on your employer.

23 days is a bit of an exaggeration - we had a verbal job offer in the July, it took months (literally) to get to a formal job offer (the company hadn't sponsored before and WA does stand for Wait Awhile!) and then we had to get the visa so it was 23 days from the visa grant but we were poised ready to go - a bit risky but we had even sold our house (as far as I was concerned we were going to Australia come what may, it was only a case of when!)

Archived