Help chiropractor help

Plumbernaif

Hi guys, we are in the process of gathering the info required for our eoi.

My better half will be a qualified chiropractor in july, we cant seem to find any info on how she would get these skills assessed?

has anyone else been down this road??

im a plumber/gas engineer and was going to be the main applicant but we would be at the 80 points mark if she was the main app and this makes much more sense.

We know that she will have sit the ozzy board exams to work out there but not sure about how we get her skills assessed?

Thanx for your time

Naif

x:biggrin:

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Good evening Naif,

The skills assessment body in place for your wifes occupation is CCEA (Council of Chiroptactic Education Australia.) Their fee for the skills assessment for migration is $650. There's a two stage process which i'll highlight and give you the link to their site.

Stage 1 – Desktop Audit: a paper-based application to be completed by all candidates wishing to migrate to and/or register in Australia.

Stage 2 – Competency Based Assessment: composed of written and practical assessments undertaken in Australia by overseas-qualified candidates wishing to register in Australia.

http://www.ccea.com.au/

One thing I think you should consider is it doesn't mean that 80pt applications are processed any quicker then 60pt applications and they're not treated as a priority. You mentioned your wife (will be qualified in June) and like most skills assessment bodies she'll likely require post qualified experience to qualify for the skills assessment.

Kind regards

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

The Stage 2 part of the skills assessment is to assess competency & check the candidate’s ability to practise safely against current Australian ‘entry level’ chiropractic competencies. A successful Stage 2 is one of the requirements for overseas qualified chiropractors applying for migration to and/or registration in Australia.

Kind regards

Evening all,

Thank you all very much for the advice.

We are going to try the visa process ourselves as we have heard lots of horror stories about agents!!

Looks like we might be better off reverting to myself being the main applicant though.

We are ready to go and another year minimum whilst my other half gains experience may push us over the edge!! hehe

Archived