What sort of wages could we expect?

paulandabbi

Hi, I was wondering what sort of wages we could expect for our jobs.

Me - painter and decorator with 3 years experience and NVQ level 2

Wife - nursery worker with 3 years experience and NVQ level 2

Also is there any help with school costs that we would be entitled too?

I understand that no one can give a definite answer its just for a ball park figure

Thanks in advance.

Just out of interest, if you only have Level 2 NVQ's, will you get enough points to be able to qualify for any visa? Which visa are you going to be applying for (just to be nosy)?

TBH we are not sure yet, we are in the very early stages of looking in to moving. We would happily both gain level 3 if that's what is required of us to help with our application.

TBH we are not sure yet, we are in the very early stages of looking in to moving. We would happily both gain level 3 if that's what is required of us to help with our application.

I do think, if you have time on your side, then you need to seriously consider getting some more advanced qualifications that would be recognised in Australia. Perhaps Abbi could do a Foundation Degree in Childcare? Have a look on the DIBP website at what you need to get either State Sponsorship or Skills Migration. Also have a look at employer sponsored visas as they may be an option. TBH, I am not an expert; my skills ended and started with filling out my hubby's spouse visa application!

My understanding is that there are some expos coming up about living and working in Australia and if you can do so cheaply, it would be good for you to get to one of them and pick some brains.

Archived