new member needing advice

niccster

Hi me and my family are considering moving to oz but dont know where to start , I am a Veterinary nurse and my hubby is a machine operator making industrial flooring , i cant find our jobs on the careers list so am worried that we have no chance !.

Any advice would be really useful as we are confused bout the points system etc

Hi,

I'm by no means an expert, far from it, but I've read lots of very good advice on here and I would suggest your best option would be to call and discuss your situation with a good MARA agent. You'll find lots of recommendations in various threads if you search for them. Some jobs have slightly different titles to what you would expect in the UK and a good agent should be able to tell you if there are any visa options opens to you without charging you anything. Way back at the start of our process we went to an expo. Got to speak to a few different agents, immigration department advisors, prospective employers and recruitment consultants.

Good luck,

Deb x

Hi niccster

I would suggest definitely going to the expos. http://www.downunderlive.co.uk. Birmingham, Glasgow and London are happening next month. I think advanced tickets for Birmingham are closing soon as it is on the 8th and 9th (might even be today). You will get to speak face to face about your issues and requirements. This was our first step when we had made the decision to come to Australia and helped us immensely. There will be employers there as well as immigration advisors. The same company run the australia and new zealand magazine and the getmedownunder jobs website.

Fell free to PM me with any other questions.

Hi niccster

I would suggest definitely going to the expos. www.downunderlive.co.uk. Birmingham, Glasgow and London are happening next month. I think advanced tickets for Birmingham are closing soon as it is on the 8th and 9th (might even be today). You will get to speak face to face about your issues and requirements. This was our first step when we had made the decision to come to Australia and helped us immensely. There will be employers there as well as immigration advisors. The same company run the australia and new zealand magazine and the getmedownunder jobs website.

Fell free to PM me with any other questions.

I also found the expos helpful but very much dominated by the migration agencies plying their trade, but if you want to pay for someone to do your application for you then that might be the way to go.

Hi me and my family are considering moving to oz but dont know where to start , I am a Veterinary nurse and my hubby is a machine operator making industrial flooring , i cant find our jobs on the careers list so am worried that we have no chance !.

Any advice would be really useful as we are confused bout the points system etc

Your occupation of Veterinary Nurse (ANZSCO code 361311) is on the CSOL but isn't on the SOL - that means that it is only eligible for employer or state sponsored visas. I'm not sure what your husband's occupation would come under but a good RMA should be able to advise if there are any possibilities.

If one of the states or territories has your occupation on their list of occupations eligible for state sponsorship (unlikely but anything's possible) AND if you can get a positive skills assessment (from VETASSESS for your occupation) AND if you can get at least 60 points on the points test AND if you can get sponsorship from the state in question, you may be able to get a 190 or 489 state sponsored visa.

Otherwise, you need sponsorship by an eligible employer (employer sponsored visas are not points tested) and you must have the sponsorship before you can apply for a visa.

You really should have at least an initial consultation with a good RMA - ask on here for recommendations in your area. Most good agents will give you a free (brief) initial consultation.

Archived