single mum wanting to move to Aussie

Ness

Hi there

I am a single mum of a 2 year old boy and I'm seriously considering moving to Aussie (prob when he is 3 or 4). Just wondering if there is anyone on here who has made a similar move. I'd really appreciate some feedback about other peoples experience.

I am also an Occupational Therapist so any advice re the process of working would be helpful too.

Hello and welcome.

First up would be to check you are able to take your child out of the UK to live (if separated from your son's father he may be required to give his consent for example).

Check and see if your occupation is on any of the States occupation lists. If so, read up on what it all entails. I'd look to PR over TR for sure.

I would suggest you try contacting one of the agents who offer a free assessment of your options. (Go Matilda and visa bureau are both well known and recommended).

As snifter said you will probably need permission to remove your child from the UK even if the father has nothing to do with the family.....

Hi there

I am a single mum of a 2 year old boy and I'm seriously considering moving to Aussie (prob when he is 3 or 4). Just wondering if there is anyone on here who has made a similar move. I'd really appreciate some feedback about other peoples experience.

I am also an Occupational Therapist so any advice re the process of working would be helpful too.

Not sure about how you will go with moving the young lad, ours was only 6 month when we moved back to Aus. But in terms of the OT the best bet would be to contact the OT Australia folks for information for overseas qualified OTs http://www.otaus.com.au/about/about-ot

You don't need to be a member of OT Australia but you do now have to have registration through AHPRA. There have been some OTs from the UK at work who have applied whilst still overseas. the association does have some jobs advertised through the website otherwise it can be useful to look at what careers are offered in the hospitals closest to where you want to move to

Good luck!

Archived