Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'occupational therapist'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 4 results

  1. Hi there! I am currently in year 2 studying occupational therapy in the UK. I'm looking ahead at what visa I could apply for when I graduate in June 2018 and the 189 Skilled Independent visa could be an option. I know that I need a minimum of 60 points and there's one question I'm not sure what I would fall under, which would mean that I meet the points or not: Qualifications A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard. 15 points. Does this mean from another educational institution in Australia?
 An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.
 10 points When I graduate I will get awarded a BSc in Occupational therapy, therefore will have a Bachelor qualification from the UK of a recognised standard and also recognised by the relevant assessing authority in Australia. I would also be applying as a graduate with no experience apart from my placements, but meeting the minimum 60 points if the answer to the qualification question is the bachelor degree. Is being a graduate with no work experience likely to make the visa more difficult to get? Has anyone got any recent experience as a graduate occupational therapist or a similar experience? Many thanks, Eloise
  2. Hello all Im an Occupational Therapist in the UK. Im currently applying for the skilled independent visa and hoping to be in Oz early next year. I was wondering how easy it is to find a company who will employ me and assist me to complete the stage 2 practice audit for my registration? does this put people off employing you if you only have provisional registration? I'm hoping to move to the sunshine coast which is where the rest of my family are currently living.....any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
  3. Hi there I am a single mum of a 2 year old boy and I'm seriously considering moving to Aussie (prob when he is 3 or 4). Just wondering if there is anyone on here who has made a similar move. I'd really appreciate some feedback about other peoples experience. I am also an Occupational Therapist so any advice re the process of working would be helpful too. Thanks :-)
  4. Hi all, My wife and I have recently decided to make the jump and move our family (both of us and two young children) to Australia, subject to a successful application. We are very much at the beginning of this great adventure and are looking for the best route through the skilled stream migration path as my wife appears to be eligible as an occupational therapist. If she is successful will I be allowed to work in Australia as well, or do I need to apply separately? As we are just starting any advice will be welcome. We've been browsing through the various threads and haven't decided on a state yet, though we do like the sound of Western Australia and Queensland.