Jump to content

Visa 189. Does spouse need ielts test?


Recommended Posts

Adult secondary applicants must have Functional English in order to avoid the need to pay the second instalment visa application charge of $4885.


If your husband's first language is English and he has a current passport from the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or Ireland, he is assumed to have met the Functional English requirement and no second instalment is payable.


If not, he will need to provide evidence of having Functional English and doing IELTS is one way (but not the only way) of doing so. See the following:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/functional-english/ Proof of functional English

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...