Visa information for 190??

Carly 1983

Hi! wondering if there are any visa experts out there?? Or anyone can clear something up for me I'm a 30 year old children's nurse and hopefully the main applicant for a 190 PR visa

my husband (30) and two children ( both under two) will also be emigrating with me

im a total novice in immigration do not have the first clue where to start to find costs for visas and how to go about starting the visa process does anyone possibly have a step by step guide? I have chosen the 190 on recommendation with regards to having children with me ( not paying school fees or something?)etc but I do have family in oz and was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to look into a sponsored visa??

The best place to start would maybe to speak to a Registered Migration Agent, they can check to see if you are eligible, then its up to you if you decide to use one or not.

For a Nurse if you pass the points test - which you should do easily, the 189 or 190 visas would be the best ones to look at.

You will need the Academic IELTS/ Positive skills assessment from ANMAC, Registration form APHRA

Lodge EOI - be invited for 189 or gain state nomination for 190

Apply for Visa - which is around £4500.

AFter application has been lodged medicals and police certificates will be requested - you will likely be around £1k for family of 4 for medicals plus extra blood work you will need as a nurse.

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hi! wondering if there are any visa experts out there?? Or anyone can clear something up for me I'm a 30 year old children's nurse and hopefully the main applicant for a 190 PR visa

my husband (30) and two children ( both under two) will also be emigrating with me

im a total novice in immigration do not have the first clue where to start to find costs for visas and how to go about starting the visa process does anyone possibly have a step by step guide? I have chosen the 190 on recommendation with regards to having children with me ( not paying school fees or something?)etc but I do have family in oz and was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to look into a sponsored visa??

Hey Carly,

Firstly you've got two things based on what I have read that are working in your favour: 1. Your occupation is in high demand in Australia as it's been placed on the skills shortage list (and has been for many years.) 2. Your Age of 30 puts you in the highest scoring age bracket (25-32) which is 30pts.

The cost of both the 189 and 190 visa are identical if you don't include state sponsorship costs which are very low.

You have a husband and two children under 18 so this is what you would be looking at: $3520 gov fee (main applicant) $1760 (for you as the spouse dependent) $880 (for each dependent under 18) which in your case is 2 little ones. As dependents on the application you will get exactly the same rights as the main applicant.

Now the difference between the 189 and 190 visa is simple. The 189 allows you to live and work anywhere you like straight away and the 190 requires you to live and work in the same state sponsoring you for 2 years and then you can live and work wherever you like (190 is processed slightly quicker then 189's and you get 5pts for state sponsorship.)

I hope this information was of benefit to you and we're here if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards

Thanks for that, really helpful that's the first figures iv been given it's a good starting point

I have booked the ielts for April

i would obviously love to use an agent although I'd rather save as much money as poss for the visa/move but it's obviously scary going It alone

i will look it At the 190 and 189 in more detail thanks again

Thanks Ryan really helpful we are looking at Queensland so the 190 is best for us thank u for Ur help its nice to know people are willing to share their knowledge this site is so handy but I am worried that I will not ask the right questions and make some costly mistakes that will delay the process

with regards to using an agent would u suggest this would be a good idea?

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz

Hey Carly, it's absolutely fine don't mention it.

You can ask as many questions as you like; silly or not. It's really important that you feel confident and you're put in a position of knowledge regarding this as it's one of the biggest accomplishments/decisions you'll make.

I would say that if you're circumstances allow it to invest in an agent; for the same reason I stated above: It's one of the biggest moves you & your family will make and it's not only a financial thing but emotionally you're invested so it's nice to be able to leave it in the hands of people who know what they're doing.

Kind regards

Archived