Jump to content

Sorry.- slightly complicated CGT question


Recommended Posts

Husband earning in oz since the day we arrived in November. Technically I'm on holiday here as working in uk and still paid by uk (on maternity leave). I have dual citizenship. If we move joint money over now, does my husband pay CGT on the increase in value due to sterling rising against dollar? If so, I assume it's on his half of it? Can he give it to me to transfer in my name (is there a personal limit). Need to move over life savings to buy a house and need to know what will actually be available for buying the house after tax liability is met.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest The Pom Queen

I would chat to an accountant who is qualified in dealing with both UK and Aus finances, the one who I know does this is Alan Collett. It may be worth sending him a pm and asking how much he charges.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...