New to East Fremantle

julesr

Good Morning.

We have just moved from Sydney to East Fremantle and I would like to ask the other group users for some general tips re: living here. We have visited a couple of times prior to moving over, and have a general idea of the area. We have found a house and a school in the area, bought a car, and now I need to furnish our house with the essentials in terms of furniture - beds, sofas, dining table, white goods etc and I would like to find out 'local' tips like where the best (and most economical) place to purchases fresh fruit and veg, best meats, fish etc and any little hidden places that we can visit - kind of locals only and family friendly places.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Many thanks and have a wonderful weekend.

Jules

Hi Jules I am in South Freo. Fruit and veg shop on Wray Avenue is good also Freo market. Also there is a fantastic market on a Sunday morning in South Freo (High School on Lefroy Rd) - 8 until noon. Re furniture I would think Super A Mart would be a good place to look. As you are in East Freo the Left Bank hotel would be quite close to you - it is right across from the river with great views They have great deals on for meals every day - yesterday was a parmigiana and a pint for $15. Think maybe a Monday night kids eat free - check out their website. I am sure you will love living in Freo

Hi Jules I am in South Freo. Fruit and veg shop on Wray Avenue is good also Freo market. Also there is a fantastic market on a Sunday morning in South Freo (High School on Lefroy Rd) - 8 until noon. Re furniture I would think Super A Mart would be a good place to look. As you are in East Freo the Left Bank hotel would be quite close to you - it is right across from the river with great views They have great deals on for meals every day - yesterday was a parmigiana and a pint for $15. Think maybe a Monday night kids eat free - check out their website. I am sure you will love living in Freo

Thanks for the info. will def have a look at Super A Mart and keeping an eye on Gumtree. Left Bank is just down the road from us, so will def give that go too!

An alternative for shopping is spudshed warehouses. Theres a couple locally, Jandakoot and Baldivis. Fruit and Veg is really good value, plus their meat and fish is OK. Go for whats in season and its value for money.

Gumtree for furniture definitly. Depending on your budget, then look in the free section, we've picked up no end of nice furniture including couches, outdoor tables and chairs, for nothing.

Hope that helps.

Nick

There's a farmer's market at Palmyra school too (though I think the South Freo one is better)

Spudshed is certainly cheap but I found the quality lacking - for large families who go through fresh food quickly it might be okay but I found it went off much quicker than the produce from the farmer's market & I would end up throwing stuff away.

If you don't mind spending more then Peaches at South Fremantle Market Place on Hampton Rd. is fabulous and for fish & seafood Sealanes opposite South Beach. From East Freo the Boatshed in Cottesloe http://www.boatshedmarket.com.au isn't too far - all of these are real 'foodie' places rather than cheap.

Archived