Cattlemans Rest - Charters Towers

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

I know people are often asking about where to stay when they are out and about in Australia so I thought I would start giving reviews from the places we stay to help other members choose.

Charters towers is 134 kilometres inland from Townsville on the Flinders Highway. I will do another thread on Charters Towers later.

We have stopped in a few different places when passing through but the one we keep returning to is the Cattlemans Rest.

They have a variety of rooms, ranging from single, queen, twin, deluxe, executive and two bed family suites. We stayed in one of the 2 bed family suites in 2012 and it was brilliant, very spacious and well presented. The 2 bed suites are really two adjoining rooms sharing the same bathroom, both have TV's so if you are fed up of being stuck in the same room as the kids this is a perfect option and is only $150 per night.

This time around we stayed in the family room which has a double bed and two singles and priced at $125

image.jpg

front-of-motel.jpg

Now as well as being a motel it has the reputation of having the best steak house in Charters Towers, unfortunately we haven't tried this out for ourselves. Maybe one day if I can eat again then we will.

The motel also has a pool, room service, BBQ's, laundry and on site parking.

front-of-motel.jpg

image.jpg

Archived