Nursing in Australia

Winglessangel06

Hi guys I'm hoping to go to Australia on a working visa (417) next year, and was wondering where the best places are to do nursing? I currently work in a small hospital so I'm a little wary of working in a big hospital, but obviously I will go where the jobs are at the end of the day :) Also how long is the process of applying for Australian registration? I am grateful for any information :) x

Welcome to the forum, have a read through the nurses thread in the jobs and careers part of the forum. You will find a lot of information to assist you there.

Also you need to look to see where the jobs are more than where the best place is. Depends really on your experience and speciality as well.

You should find the info about registering in the Nurses thread.

Health is being cut at the present time so not sure where the shortages will be, you need to look at each State hospital sites and see who is recruiting

There are a lot of jobs in Aged Care

Some nurses seem to find a job easily others not so easily.

Good luck

Depends where ur moving, registration takes a little whole depends how quick u are on gathering all the required documentation. I worked in Perth and their big tertiary hospital was like a district general so I wouldn't worry on that front, nurses do less as well, so depending if u think that's good or bad is up to you. The defo are better staffed, job was a lot less stressful but I like stress in my job weirdly ha. Anyway all the info for aphra rego is on the aphra website, just read it it's quite straight forward.

Archived