need some help with career direction now im actually in australia (perth)

hi im a 29 year old british guy who landed in oz on jan n the 1st im currently staying in a backpackers hostel (not ideal v expensive) as i came alone and dont really have any family friends here but wanted a change off life style

when i left school i have level 2 welding fabrication with experiance in sheet metl ,heavy fabrication and genaral fabrication

i also hold hgv class one

also have ..articulated dump truck licences up to any size and front end loader tickets quarry ashfault etc all cpc (cpc)

i was hoping t come over and use my hgv or plant tickets to gain work asap but this hasnt been the case as i need to apparently covert all my licences and im not sure where to start

the welding is a fall back in case i defo wabnt to stay and want to gain sponsership as im sure this would be the best traid for that (maybe wrong)

id like to find somehwhere to live thats cheaper and doesnt have young lads coming in day and night drunk poss house share etc but dont no where to start

any help would be massively appreciated thanks dave

For a start join up with the Perth forum there is a link at the foot of this forum. More people from Perth will see your post and may be able to help.

I live in Victoria but if its licence problem then you head off to the West Australian branch

This web site should help you

http://australia.gov.au/topics/transport/registration-and-licences

As for jobs if you are on a holiday visa then you could look for seasonal work or register with an employment agency.

Good luck if unsuccessful in Perth you can always try the other capital cities.

Hi mate,

grab a copy of the lonely planet for WA, it lists a couple of places where backpackers can find rooms to rent etc, also check out hostel notice boards that's how I started to find out about work and short term rentals for backpackers, when I was traveling the east coast.

sorry cant be more help.

Archived