Medical Clearance - still waiting from December

sebmoran

Hey Sebmoran, don't think you get an official you've passed your medicals. When I did my medicals in Australia at the end of the exam with the doctor she said "everything looks fine" and handed me a paper copy of proof of tests done (didn't have results on it). When you log into the visa online it usually has a link saying to organise your medical, this link disappears when the medical has been received by the dept of immigration, you may or may not have a case officer at this point. Do you have a CO at the mo?

The Case Officer tends to get assigned within or after 7 weeks if you applied for a 190 visa, its just been 7 weeks for me but I haven't has a CO just yet I think things may have slowed down slightly over the Christmas period. In some cases if your medicals highlight something of concern it is passed on to the MOC for further consultation of results. You can contact your CO and ask for the status of your medical if you don't have a CO you can contact the DIAC by email. The email address is provided on this webpage where I got all my info from:

http://pr4oz.blogspot.com.au/p/to-check-for-medical-status.html

Good luck, and hang in there! It's often an agonising wait until being granted.

Archived