Transporting pets to the UK

Lynne78

Hi, we have decided to move back to Scotland from Perth after 3 years. We are going to wait about 12 -18 months to save some more money, but I am looking into the cost of things at the mo.

We have 2 cats to take back with us. I emailed a few places for quotes. Dogtainers and Jet Pets have got back to me and the quotes are pretty similar. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with either of them?

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and we think we will go with Jetpets

I have never heard anything bad about them, and TBH have not got an further quotes, as I feel 100% happy with Jetpets and thier reputation

Im dreading the journey for my "babies", but Ive got to get them home.

Not sure about going with Jetpets now. I'd asked them both for 2 quotes - one from here to my parents in Perth and one from here to either Edinburgh/Glasgow airport for my parents to collect them. Just got the latter quote from Jetpets, which has really confused me. The dogtainers quote was for Perth-Dubai-Glasgow (which is the way we'll be going) then either drive to Perth or collection by my folks at the airport. The "parent pick-up option" from Jetpets was the second quote I've just received was Perth-Sydney-overnight stay-customs clearance stop in London(which means a stop in Hong Kong or somewhere)-Edinburgh-Perth. Which is 4 flights! Plus however long hanging about in airports and trips in cars! That's enough to make me cry, never mind my poor wee moggies! No idea why they can't to the Perth-Dubai-Glasgow like in there first quote then add a 2 hour car ride to Perth! Plus it was about $700 more than Dogtainers...

We used Sherae Pet Link to move out cat from - they are a very small concern and there response to emails could have been faster but what I liked is there standard crates are larger (& provided to keep in with the cost), they are a proper cattery and our cat needed to stay a couple of nights as we were staying in a hotel.

We did collect at Heathrow - the additional cost of a flight transfer to Edinburgh was ludicrous and in any case we didn't want to fly with Emirates ourselves so we were going to have to transit somewhere and London gave us the cheapest flight options. We just collected hired a car, collected her and drove home :)

Guest Guest72037

Hi.

My pugs went with jetpets. Adelaide-Sydney-London (via Dubai). They had a weekend in Sydney because I was worried about them having too many flights in a day and arrived happy and safe. I was really pleased with the attention to detail and level of service we received. Mine are braccy though, so not many people will fly them and if you have found someone who has a more direct service and you're happy then that might be better. Could you telephone and speak directly with someone from each company and see who you're more comfortable with?

Good luck :)

Archived