Car sales

pegibson

Hi all

We are coming out to Adelaide towards the end of Jan, one way....

Can anyone recommend a second hand car sales lot?

Must be honest car sales, but relatively cheap, road worthy cars.

You here so many dodgy car sales stories, and to be honest, I can't be dealing with the Del boy type bull s**t from these guys..:biggrin:

Have you asked over on our Adelaide forum? May get more replies there and different places to choose from depending on where you will be staying and what might be more local to you.

We got our one from a place on Brighton road, opposite the big Holden showroom. I think it's called Brighton car sales. Great clean car, only 70k on an 04 car, FSH, 9 months rego on it. Really good price too. We looked round at a few others elsewhere but nothing came close to matching the one we bought. We'd have either gotten a tattier less well looked after car and/or one with much higher mileage and far less rego for the price we paid for ours. Driven well since we bought it 4 months or so ago.

Some days you can go in and they have nothing suitable or appealing, other days they'll have a few that may tick your boxes. You can always get a car checked over by the RAA or some such if not sure so you know what you are buying. As to them being reputable, we've found them great but that is only our experience. We didn't ask on the Adelaide forum for recommendations, we heard of this car lot as people we know said to try there. I'd go back there as we've had a positive experience but can't speak for others.

Ah, snifter to the rescue again..:biggrin:

I have asked the same on PIA too, but I imagine more people look at this site.

Initially we are staying with friends in Northgate, until I find work, can't look for rentals until I have secured a job, wouldn't want to commute too far for work

It is crazy here in Cornwall at the moment, crazy weather, and crazy busy packing.

Our booked small movecube comes next Wednesday, then we fly out the following Thursday, landing on the Saturday, which is two weeks away...

Sorry, gone off topic a bit..:laugh:

Good you asked over there. More people in Adelaide tend to post on the PIA forum than on here for some reason. Hopefully you'll get good feedback over there for something local to where you are starting off.

Cars are expensive, we looked at one that was so old it had its original tape deck radio in it! And they still wanted $2,000 for it :/ sure it was in good nick with less than 60k on it but it was old and wouldn't even fetch scrap prices in the UK lol. Nice thing is rust isn't an issue here like it is in the UK so older cars tend to hold up better.

Give us a shout once you arrive and settle in :) Be good to know how you are getting on.

Archived