Submitting Visa online via ImmiAccount

barleysuga

Hi All, i am new here but just wanted to say i am submitting my husbands partner visa on-line via the new on-line service ImmiAccount, also for my daughters boyfriend.

All seems really straight forward so far, 26 pages just filling out basic information, and then you submit and pay then you have to then upload the documents.

The only thing i am stuck on is the my Health Assessment, i can;t figure out if i should do it before i submit the application or after. I rang the clinic and they said we could have an appointment on the 9th Jan and will cost £276. I have created the health assessment form and generated a referral letter and all seems really straight forward.

Anyone else using this system?

many thanks

No a offshore partner visa, but i think you can select it from the drop down list. Its really easy and all the demographic details took about 10 mins, there is one page where you have to write about your financial details, relationship etc, but i have just copied and pasted into word and tinkering with it in word and when i am done i will copy and paste it back into the application.

Usually medicals and police checks are requested after your application has been lodged. This usually happens about 3 months after applying. They give you something called a HAP id which the panel docs need for your medical as it's all submitted online.

IIRC the reason they ask people to do police check and medical a few months in is because the visa validation clock starts ticking from the date these are done, well, whichever is done first, and this ensure that people then get about 6 months to activate based on an 8-9 month timeframe for their application.

• 1 month later...
Im doing medicals first..as I dnt think my visa will take longer than a year and I dnt want any hold ups..its all very straight forward

For a partner visa, doing them up front does not speed up the application. Wait times from

lodging to grant also seem to be increasing so medical done early isn't much use as could be just about to run out around grant time and would either have to re do or get to Aus pronto to validate which isn't possible for everyone.

Archived