Tuggerah, NSW

Big G

Hi

Sorry if this has already been covered in earlier posts.

The new job I've been offered is based in Tuggerah and we would ideally like to be live in this area to.

Is anyone based in this area?

If so, whats it like for families?

Also, I'm led to believe that the local primary school is really good too, any advice on that would be good too.

Thanks

G

(ps We're a family of 4)

-Probably to late for a reply but this in my favourite locations, I particularly like The Entracne, Norahs Head, Toukley, Terrigal and we will live there one day. My Grand children go to school in that area. In fact I ca not think of one thing I don't like about the area, good beaches, clubs resrurants. I must stress I live in the UK Lanarkshire, but usually get out here once a year for 3-4 weeks at a time.

Sorry for the late reply

Hi Greg

How are you?

thanks for the reply.

We're also in Lanarkshire, getting ready to up sticks!!

i must admit, that area does sound fantastic.

How long has your family been out there for?

Cheers for now

G

Hi My son partner and first grandchild went out in 2004, we couldn't afford to visit till 2007 and have been every year since. I persuaded my daughter to move out in Jan 2011 she is living at Bondi in a small flat overlooking the beach and she loves it there, she is city girl and was living in Glasgow. My son now lives at Mannering Park not far from Tuggerah and now has two additional children, I can't wait to see the little one as I have not seen her. I was suprised by the number of Scots I have met over their. Renting a house seems to be anywhere from $350 a week upwards. My son is now buying his first house 4 bedroom but not really that expensive. Food can be expensive but supermarkets like Coles or Woolworths can be good value.

Good luck with the move, I am sure the kids will love it,

Hey Greg

How are you?

Thanks for the reply.

It all sounds good, we cant wait!!

We had allowed about $400 p/week, so we're not far away. And a friend (who's up in Queensland) had mentioned Coles etc too.

Great stuff

I'll keep you posted.

G

Hey Greg

How are you?

Thanks for the reply.

It all sounds good, we cant wait!!

We had allowed about $400 p/week, so we're not far away. And a friend (who's up in Queensland) had mentioned Coles etc too.

Great stuff

I'll keep you posted.

G

One thing to bear in mind is that most places are let unfurnished, water is metered and nearly always in short supply try and find something with a rain water storage tank for washing the car watering the garden etc.

Hi

That might be a slight problem, as we would be looking for furnished as we're planning or renting our own house out furnished etc.

That's great advice re rain water tank, cheers for that one.

Hmmm I have not seen a lot of furnished lets although most seem to have white goods cooker fridge laundry, but if you have to buy furniture you could try

Smith Family - Bateau Bay, 8 Community Road, Bateau Bay

Hours:Mon - Fri 9am to 4pm

Sat 9am to 12:45pm

Phone: (02) 4334 784

I have not been myself but my wife went with a friend looking for 2nd hand furniture table chairs etc not just furniture but everything new and used, You can always try Gumtree as well and keep an eye out for garage sales that seems a popular way of selling.

Guest littlesarah
One thing to bear in mind is that most places are let unfurnished, water is metered and nearly always in short supply.

Not so much, since they finished the Mardi-Mangrove link. But I agree that collecting rainwater for the garden is a good idea (I go with not washing my car too often as a means of saving water!).

Hi Littlesarah it is nice to see someone else contributing to this thread, i was doing the best I can but I live in Scotland. It would be more useful to Big G if members of the forum who live on the Central Coast would give him the benefit of their local knowledge there must be plenty of people who can offer better more up to date advice than me.

Guest littlesarah

I'm not sure how many people who regularly frequent PiO live on the coast, and how many of those live outside Terrigal/Avoca - I just happen to be married to a local so I get to mix with born and bred 'Coasties'!!

Furnished lets are not the norm, that much is true (apart from holiday lets, which are obviously a more expensive option than a standard rental), and as far as I know there is a very low vacancy rate in this area, which can make it a bit tough to find a home. However, I believe that within that there are variations depending on the type of property you're looking for, and the precise location. Tuggerah is certainly handy for the Freeway, and has a mahoosive shopping centre (which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preferred leisure activities). Warnervale is an up-and-coming area - I believe that the area plan has finally been agreed, so hopefully they'll get their shops and things in the next couple of years - and there are lots of new homes being built around there.

Hi Greg / Sarah

Many thanks for your replies / comments.

I must admit, we may have to change our strategy a bit due to most rentals being unfurnished etc. We've been looking at this last night and we didn't find one!! Anyway, we might just ship some basic furniture with us as a result of this and then just buy some stuff when we find the right rental home.

Cheers again for the comments, really helpful.

G

Archived