Shipping power tools to Australia

andyandloz10

Does anybody know to what extent power tools need to be cleaned before sending them to oz, a really good clean by myself, or clean them up then treat them with something, or get somebody to clean and treat them therefore I would have receipt and paper work to show they are free from disease, wood mites etc etc?

Thanks

Hi andyandloz,I cleaned my power tools with brake and clutch cleaner from a spray can. You can get it from Halfords or most car accessory shops. The voltage is 240. Tools on site are 240v so if youre bringing 110v over,youll need a transformer. You can buy a transformer here but youll have to change the plugs on your tools as theyre not like the trannies back home. If you have any wooden handled tools,plane,bevel etc,give em a clean and pop em in a bag. If customs see theyre being used regulary theres no problem.Also good idea to bring household plug adapters,- British to Australian. The plugs are different here and adapters are cheaper and more available in UK! Good luck.

Hey, we sent over a 40ft container full of power tools and machinery, we cleaned them ourselves, you need to make sure they are free from dirt and grease, thinners/degreaser/white spirit works a treat, I wouldn't go too mental over it, as long as they have been cleaned you will be fine, ours got through customs no worries. If I can be of any other help let me know

Becky

Archived