online banking help needed

laurar9838

Hi all!

I have opened a westpac account and I am wanting to transfer monies using my online UK halifax bank account. I have gone on to the "pay a person" but it asks you for details such as sort code. Does anyone know what info need to put in instead, as obviously i dont have an aussie sort code? if I leave it blank will the money go through okay? I cant believe halifax charge you nearly ten quid for every transaction.

Any help would be appreciated!

Laura

Guest The Pom Queen

You will have your sort code when you opened your account, and don't forget Westpac charge you for receiving the money as well. Sometimes this can be $25 upwards.

Hi all!

I have opened a westpac account and I am wanting to transfer monies using my online UK halifax bank account. I have gone on to the "pay a person" but it asks you for details such as sort code. Does anyone know what info need to put in instead, as obviously i dont have an aussie sort code? if I leave it blank will the money go through okay? I cant believe halifax charge you nearly ten quid for every transaction.

Any help would be appreciated!

Laura

Are you in the section of Halifax online banking for international (rather than UK) payments? You will probably need Westpac's SWIFT or IBAN codes.

You should consider trading through Moneycorp or a similar foreign exchange broker, as the fees will be significantly lower than paying fees to the bank(s).

Guest The Pom Queen
Are you in the section of Halifax online banking for international (rather than UK) payments? You will probably need Westpac's SWIFT or IBAN codes.

You should consider trading through Moneycorp or a similar foreign exchange broker, as the fees will be significantly lower than paying fees to the bank(s).

Very true and if you have an account with NAB then Moneycorp will make sure you don't get charged by your banks at either end, Aus or UK.

Archived