489-its better DIBP closes this visa!!!

arq

Hi All,

Today, when i was going through the 18th Nov report i came across the following statement

"Due to the continuing high numbers of EOIs received for the following six occupations, invitations for these occupations will be issued on a pro rata basis in each twice monthly invitation round over the remainder of the program year. Please also note that SkillSelect first allocates available places to Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visas and then remaining to Skilled – Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas. If all places are taken up by Subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for Subclass 489 visas:

This clearly indicates that there will be no invitations issued for the six occupations until and unless 489 applicants have more points than 189, which is completely useless and it is better to apply on a skilled independent visa!!

Secondly there is another announcement on skillselect that states "Due to a large number of outstanding applications there will be no invitations for subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (Provisional) until further notice. This change will be implemented from the 16 December 2013 invitation round." Outstanding applications??? Arent they operating this visa on a fixed quota??

So limited seats in the overall quota together with a high preference of 189 over 489 and discontinuation of invitations for 489 from 16th Dec clearly reaffirms my perception that DIBP discourages 489 applicants. So for people having relatives in Australia have no advantage at all!!!!

Regars,

Arq