sydney quarantine

poppops

Our two labs had to do the same thing...Sydney then onto Perth..

We too booked a dog walker...it's nice that they will put photos up on their website...but a pain that you can't get to visit personally.

Once they have been checked in, your given a mobile no for the actual kennel maid looking after your dog...which is fine but quite often my call wasnt answered or returned. If in Perth you also need to remember with the time difference to Sydney when phoning.

my issues were on the first call to find out their release date they give me the wrong date, I kinda thought it wasn't right, so waited a bit and rang back to double check.

they also mixed up our two dogs, so were calling them the wrong names and they also got kennel cough and were put into isolation.

good things were the dog walking company were v good to talk too, the kennel maids also would give lots of information and were pleasant. When a vet was needed for the kennel cough issue they did keep us up to date.

on the whole I wasn't happy about them being there, and they Didnt enjoy it much but it was a means to a end and the only way of doing it.

hope it all goes well for you and fur baby xx

Our 2 fur babies did their time in Sydney. I had reservations when I phoned them at the advised time on collection day only to be asked was I not sure it was the next day!! Erm no!! Anyway they contacted the collector and they turned round and went back and got them. Bloody hell I was fizzing!! After that though everything went fine. The kennel maid they had was lovely and if I couldn't reach her she always phoned me back within an hour. Rex lost .5kg in the first week (which is a lot for a 3kg dog) I had sent at food which hadn't made it to their section. I explained you are guaranteed Rex will eat wet food in the morning and likes to pick at biscuits during the day. She said that Both dishes had been empty and I said that is Belle eating Rex's. Anyway she tracked down the wet food and stood with them in the morning until Rex had eaten. She then left their biscuits down all day until her finishing time. She spent time playing with them and I know this is a fact as she would laugh telling me how jealous Belle was when she sat on the floor and Rex snuggled up on her lap. That is Belle, she gets jealous and tries to push Rex off your lap.

Not ideal and I doubt the dogs would ever want to go again but mine came through it ok and seemingly no worse for wear.

Archived