Rekkie in May

Guest dazarooni

Guest dazarooni

Hi

Myself, the wife and our two little boys will be doing a Rekkie to Perth, Sydney (and possibly Adelaide too if we can fit it in between) in May.

Just wanted to know from those with experience, where's a good place to base ourselves in these cities while on rekkie?. If we were to migrate we would want to live within 30km of the CBD for work purposes.

I've seen a good deal for a holiday rental in Fairway Circle, Connolly, Perth. Is this a good area?

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated, also like to hear from anyone else doing the trip in May.

dazarooni

Guest alfixie

Hi,

We have just been to Perth and stayed in Mindarie we have also got two little ones great place great pub called the boat amazing views from there, didn't want to come back so a very successful reccie.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marina.

Guest dazarooni

Alfixie

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

As I'd most likely be working in the city centre I think Mindarie would be too far away to commute; one of my aims is to reduce the time it takes to get to work.

Did you have a plan for your rekkie? Did you stick to it? What were the key point?

Thanks

dazarooni

Guest alfixie

Ours was just to get a feel for the place and we got our visas two days before we left so managed to activate them aswell which was great.

We loved Perth all areas seemed great to us we have friends in Dianella who have been there for three years they are very happy no intentions even to come back for a holiday family keep visiting them, so they have settled in well.

Sorry not much help you will soon find you feet. Within a month we felt like we had settled but misssed family we were there for eight weeks, christmas was the hardest being on your own.

Guest julian

hi there we have aholiday rental in Mullaloo not far from connolly which you have been looking at , we are a bit closer to the sea 1km and 25mins from Perth perthholiday Mullaloo is close to joondalup , hillarys marina and Whitfords shopping centre. happy hunting

Archived