Recommendations and good/bad reports on Estate Agents for Jerrabomberra/South side rental

stamples

I'm seeking any recommendations and good and bad reports on Estate Agents for Jerrabomberra/South side rentals as I'm about to rent out a property (a free standing duplex 3 Bedroomed unit in a small block of 8).

So far the three estate agents I've been in contact with have not impressed me customer service wise - not one follow up call from any in three months after sending me a quotation email from any of them! If that's the level of service when they are trying to win your business, I dread to think how they will respond when I or a tenant needs to make contact in the future.

The two key challenges will be 1) engaging one that will be professional and responsive as I will be living interstate and need to minimise hassle., 2) amazingly these three quotes were completely different - with one going for a straight percentage of rental and another going for similar amount PLUS a weeks rent each time they rent it out, so very different charging models and therefore potential expense for me.

I guess I'd be just as interested to hear on views of who NOT to consider using, you could send me a personal message on this if you feel you do not want to respond on the blog.

Thanks in advance to all who will help with suggestions/experiences!

The trouble is, you find someone who impresses you, and six months later your property is handed onto a colleague to deal with instead, who might not be quite as good... and then another six months later, passed onto someone else....

Happened to us - we found a fantastic lady, told us everything we wanted to hear, did her job brilliantly.... for about six months, until something better came up for her (I assume) and we ended up with some inept junior looking after thr property :mad: