Moving from Elwood to Point Cook

bookem1979

Hi there, we are a family of 3, been in Oz for 6 months since our move from the UK. Myself and my wife are early to mid 30's and our daughter is 6.

We have been living in Elwood since our arrival, but since finding our feet and bearings, have realised how expensive the rent here is in Elwood, along with it being a very upmarket (and snobby) suburb. We are down to earth, hard working people and cannot stand the cliques here, especially at the school. Status is the most important factor here and we just arent those kind of people. The majority of parents/families we have met so far in Elwood are also older than us, early to mid 40's seems to be the norm.

We have friends who live in Point Cook and were extremely shocked when we saw the rental prices compared to what we are paying in Elwood. Not only can we get a bigger property in and around PC, but we can save in the region of $1000 per month on rent.

Be interested to maybe meet up with any ex pats living in PC, or younger Australian families, to help broaden our social circles.

Look forward to hearing from anybody !

If you are not a member already join up with the Life in Victoria forum, there are quite a few who live over around Point Cook area. They have coffee mornings and meet ups etc. There is a link to the forum at the bottom of this one.

I used to live in Elwood and that was a long time ago before I had children and it was not a family area at all. Never even knew our neighbours and we lived in a house. Mind you I did not want to as I was young and fancy free and lived with a couple of friends. so involved in our own lives. I have a friend who still lives there and she is older like me now and has no children so she fits right in. lol

Archived