Moving to the UK - To Ship or Post items?

Samantha Leigh Walker

Hi all,

I'm leaving Sydney Australia to return to Essex this Sunday. I've left a lot of planning to the last minute and the main thing I need to arrange is my shipping. I don't have much probably only 3-4 standard boxes worth, mostly clothes, personal items and a few kitchen bits. Since I don't have much to move I was wondering if it will be better if I simply post the boxes home since it seems cheaper and they'll arrive much sooner.

Has anyone had experince with posting large boxes to the UK?

Can anyone recommend a shipping company that won't charge $700 or upwards for a few boxes that won't arrive for 7-10 weeks?

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank :)

To be honest, I'd leave any kitchen bits in Oz as they're cheap to replace over here and you'll need them as soon as you get here (unless you plan to live on takeouts!). Not sure how long you've been away but check out Asda for homewares (if you're on a low budget) - our friend has just kitted out his new house extremely cheaply (and it's not all tat that breaks in a week, either).

Good luck with your move back to the UK - bring us some sunshine over, please ;-)

I-F

Archived