820 Visa - Adelaide

hallie3000

Hi all,

Has anyone lodged a 820 visa in Adelaide?

My partner and i have finally finished getting all our evidence together, filled out the forms, got friends and family to fill in 3 888 forms, hand written our stat decs, got evidence of a joint bank account, living together, paying bills together, travel together, photos...is there anything else anyone would advise on adding at all?

Also do we now just go down to the immigration office in adelaide and get assigned a case worker?

Do we need to do our medical and police checks now or after lodging the application and do they request it? Is it a must?

Also any ideas on the processing time?

Any advice would be great on any of the questions above :-)

Kind regards

Hayley

IIRC current processing times for an onshore application is 13 months. So no, don't do medical or police checks till requested.

With regards to lodging on shore, I am not familiar with where you send your application. I am sure it would tell you somewhere on the immigration site. I think you can lodge in person and so get proof of lodging and any other bumpf but you would not get assigned a CO then and there or anything I don't think.

You may well not hear from a CO straight away. This is not something to panic over so long as you know your application is lodged. You would be in the system and dealt with in due course.

You don't say if you have had all your official paperwork witnessed and certified etc. Have you done this? Things like passport and birth certificate? If this is a requirement then you need to do it before sending it. Also check the other peoples state decs if they need certifying. Important thing to get done.

Archived