Shipping quotes from Melbourne

koala77

Having read a few posts I'm hoping that a few of you recent movers from Oz to UK could PM me some comparable prices. I 'half' moved with a major firm out of a place in Melbourne and put the stuff into storage. I have been travelling for a few years and now want it to sent to the UK, but am bound to that mover since they have it all already, but the quotes they are giving for less than 20ft container (or for own container) are considerably higher than the few I've recently seen on PIO recently for 20ft container inclusive of the packing up and picking up (which I don't need as I've already paid and done that bit).

they are quoting $8200 Melbourne-South East England, and obviously that doesn't include the pick up component.

any help would be appreciated (when they quoted to send the stuff when I originally chose them, the quote was half that)

Just had three quotes for 20ft at end of month. Melbourne to South-west. Time of year matters by all accounts as once into December this is their 'peak' time.

1 - $7300 plus extra for boxes as self packing plus $40 for delivering them!

2. - $7300 with as many boxes as I want delivered for free. (Initially $7600 but got them to match 1).

3. - $8500 all in but not 'allowed' to self pack.

HTH - went with option 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just had a quote for 20ft container from wridgways melbourne at $6900, or consolidated at $5800 (21cubic meters). includes taking packed boxes to the container and filling it, then getting furniture to our home in north yorks. no insurance, and a possible 300GBP-ish charge from customs in UK if they decide to do a full search.

Archived