Refrigeration and ac mechanic

7cdb

Hello

I am a fully qualified ref and a/c engineer with 20 years experience. The last 9 years running my own little commercial refrigeration business. I am just looking at all the evidence that I need before my skills assessment etc.

Past employee references should be ok etc,company accounts all audited

Now I know I will need an Arctik and restricted electrical licence to be able to work over in WA (where we are hopefully heading)

Can anybody tell me how I go about obtaining these licences when we get over there and how long it takes?

Many thanks

Hi

Will get hubby to respond to you later as he is an AC technician. We are in NSW so it maybe different to WA, each state seems to have a different set of hoops you need to just through for your Arctik and Restricted Electrical Licence. We have been here 12 weeks now and hubby is still get contradicting information as you how he needs to get his licence but it we are pretty sure he will need to enrol at a TAFE, which is ridiculous with all of his experience but as I say, they like hoops over here and you have to jump through lots of them!!!!! Will get him to respond to you later when he is home from work! He was really lucky and had two job offers before we came out here, so you can still work whilst working towards you licences but it's not a quick process....

Can you do a recognition of prior learning? The visa process ensures you gain evidence which is needed for the vetassess etc which I am sure can be used. Information is very hard to come by and nobody explains things fully....:mad:

Can you do a recognition of prior learning? The visa process ensures you gain evidence which is needed for the vetassess etc which I am sure can be used. Information is very hard to come by and nobody explains things fully....:mad:

That is the big question for me. I have to prove that I know what I am doing with paper evidence and sitting of a skills assessment etc just to be offered a visa if everything else is ok. Then if we get over there I dont mind starting over thats the idea for me less stress and hassle than working for myself here!

But if I cant work as a basic fridge/ac man, when I have already proven its what I do and its a job on the shortage list without spending $$$$$ on re training and then sat on my arse waiting for them to allow me to earn a living ???

Is it just me being dim or am I missing something??

Husband is an air con engineer...did a recognition of prior learning after gaining info from Carlisle tafe here in perth...the skills assessment back in 2009 he had to write statements about each job he had done since starting aircon...he had to go into detail,then the practical vetassess...if and when you pass you will then get a certicate/statement...the issue is artick aren't very forthcoming with info. It took my husband quite a while to get his full licence...you are given a trainee licence until you satisfy artick. Keep as much evidence and certificates work related as it is all evidence. I am not sure if the skills assessment rules have changed as like I say we completed it 2008-2009.

Husband is an air con engineer...did a recognition of prior learning after gaining info from Carlisle tafe here in perth...the skills assessment back in 2009 he had to write statements about each job he had done since starting aircon...he had to go into detail,then the practical vetassess...if and when you pass you will then get a certicate/statement...the issue is artick aren't very forthcoming with info. It took my husband quite a while to get his full licence...you are given a trainee licence until you satisfy artick. Keep as much evidence and certificates work related as it is all evidence. I am not sure if the skills assessment rules have changed as like I say we completed it 2008-2009.

Thanks for the info

Archived