Fully UK Qualified Electrician seeking Electrical TA job to complete gap training(PERTH)

rilester

Hi folks,

We recently arrived in Perth and am seeking employment with an electrical company as a trade assistant or similar position, I have my provisional electrical license and my OH+S white card, but need to do approximately 6 months supervised training to gain my A grade licence.

I am mainly a commercial electrician but have spent a number of years doing domestic and Industrial, so you could say I've done the lot including intruder/fire alarms, access control, data etc

Any help/advice would be greatly received as I have brought my partner and 7 month old son with currently no income and am currently panicking on whether I will be a ble to support them.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Hi Paul

We were in your position 5 months ago. Dont want to put you on a downer bit it is very hard to get anyone to take you on as a TA . My OH was very lucky to pick up job fitting solar panels, because I was checking gumtree practically every hour!! you will probably have notice most jobs say A grade wanted , you just need to keep plugging away and maybe call to a few places. I dont know where you in Perth but there is a company in Bibra Lake called Nilsens who take on TA so I have been told. My Oh has dont the 2 week training so is now onto the assigments and will have to do another 4 day comms course before he can sit the capstone to get his A Grade.....

hope you find something soon

Lou

Archived