Advice would be really appreciated

markd1982

Hi

I am currently working as an Area Lettings Manager in the UK and am seriously considering a move for me and my family to Australia, in particular Adelaide (due to family already living there).

I am looking for any advice regarding pursuing a career in Real Estate in Australia and how I should approach things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Mark

First of all you need to find out if your employment is on the skills lists for Australia and South Australia. If it is on the skills list then you can apply, this will then mean you have to wait for an invitation to get a visa.

Or you can get a firm to sponsor you, however I do not think that real estate agents are in short supply here.

Having a degree, work experience, any bits of paper make it easier to emigrate.

Have a look at some of the migration agents questionnaires they may assist you.

Also look at the Department of Immigration and see if you are on the lists.

Thank you Petals. That's a good place to start.

I have seen something on the http://www.immi.gov.au website re Real Estate Representative - 612115 which I thought looked like something, but how would I find out if this was specific to SA?

I'm hoping that I can offer something different to the Australian Real Estate Market but I suppose everyone says that :)

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx

Hi Mark

its on the list above for WA we got it in August :) I had a quick look there and it's not on SA list :-(

My husband ran his own real estate business here and had qualifications however the qualifications were of no use as they were not recognised it was his experience he had ten years behind him in real estate.

Hope this helps! Any questions pm me

Archived