Nurse needing help with points!

Bouncy

Hi there, hope someone can help me with this, it's got me a bit confused! Just want to make sure I'm claiming for the correct amount of points, when I reach that stage! I've been qualified and employed as a nurse for 9 years, I have also had 2 years off on maternity leave when I had my 2 babies! Was still employed and maintained my registration during this time! Would I be able to claim 15 points or just 10 for this? Also I have my diploma in nursing and recently a degree, so can I claim 15 points for this? Or just 10 as my registered nurse qualification is diploma, my degree is cipd child health.

Any wisdom is much appreciated!!

Kind regards,

bouncy.

Guest Guest 47403

You can claim for 9 years, maternity leave is still full time employment .

Is the degree in nursing? If it is claim the points.

You can claim for 9 years, maternity leave is still full time employment .

Is the degree in nursing? If it is claim the points.

Hi baz thanks for the reply! Great that clears up my employment. The degree is not in nursing as such but was done through my job continuing inter professional development they call it, it's in child health so it's not in nursing as such but very much related to it! It's a degree for qualified nurses. Would this still count, for the points?

Hi rupert, I can afford to lose 5 points on either the work experience or the qualifications but not both, if I can claim for both I have 65 points, so ill have to claim as many as I can in one of those areas. Is 60 points sufficient to be invited to apply quite quickly after eoi or would I end up waiting a while?

Guest Guest 47403
Hi baz thanks for the reply! Great that clears up my employment. The degree is not in nursing as such but was done through my job continuing inter professional development they call it, it's in child health so it's not in nursing as such but very much related to it! It's a degree for qualified nurses. Would this still count, for the points?

You'll be fine with the work experience, I don't think the degree can be claimed for tbh but I'm not an expert.

As long as you have 60 points you'll get an invite. Good luck.

You'll be fine with the work experience, I don't think the degree can be claimed for tbh but I'm not an expert.

As long as you have 60 points you'll get an invite. Good luck.

Thsnks for that baz, good to know. I guess it one less thing to get certified !!

Archived