Dependent University Student - Summer Job & Studen Loan question

DianaK

Hi,

My daughter is 21, full time engineering student in her 3rd year. This summer she worked during the summer break for 4 months as summer student, not as regular emloyee. Could this create any problems in regards to her dependent status on my application?

What about student loans that she took to cover her study fees? Thanks!

I was granted my partner visa last week, applied in Feb. My two dependant daughters were also granted - both are in their twenties and one works part-time and the other has just finished her engineering degree - she also worked during the summer months so I would say not to worry. Reading through this forum over the past few months I was certain my older daughter would not be eligible for a visa as she was not in full time education so we were very pleasantly surprised she was granted a visa

:biggrin:

Thank you, Katie!

Did you declare that she worked during the summer months? Have you been asked to provide bank statements or any other proof? Because they will show her direct deposit from the employer and the deposits of the student loans. In Canada, engineering students are paid around $25/hr which is above the average for the country (not engineers of course) and I am a bit worried how DIAC looks at those details.

This is very helpful info. Logically, student loans should not be considered an income as in reality they are liability but I was not sure. In regards to summer jobs related to the field of study, I know it will be included in her tax declaration but so far I have not been able to find any information from DIAC in regards to this matter.

Archived