457 baggage allowance

Guest chrissy63

Guest chrissy63

Sorry i know there have been many threads regarding this issue recently but just thought i would let people know that moving planet are doing a special offer for people travelling with emirates. We've managed to secure extra baggage allowance of 50kgs each for all four of us!!!!! and we're going on a 457.

hope this helps

Guest dave&donna

Hi Chrissy

sounds good!!! How did you sort it out is there a website we can look at and can I ask how much you paid for your flights with the extra baggage? We are hoping to go on a 457 and we've looked at flights to Perth with Singapore Airlines and it works out about £1600 for all 4 of us but that's normal allowance.

Many thanks

Donna :wubclub:

Guest shariliz

DON'T FORGET to get it put on your tickets that you are allowed that weight otherwise you might have hassles at the other airports!!!!

Guest chrissy63

there is a website if you google moving planet it will come up. Cost us quite a bit but we are flying on Good Friday and only booked 3 weeks in advance. Emirates send you an email with extra allowance on it needless to say we have printed it off and kept it.

Guest JoanneHattersley

I still say go via the states!

you will get 2 bags each person at 32kg per bag so a whopping total of 64kg EACH!

Guest Pinhead

Asked Qantas whether I could get extra baggage allowance on a flight I booked almost a year in advance through FF points and got this answer. Not very happy.

'Thank you for your email regarding excess baggage on your upcoming flight.

Additional allowance for baggage is granted to customers that are Qantas Club members and Top Tier Frequent Flyer members.

All airlines belonging to IATA (International Air Transport Association) have the same limitations for checked baggage.

Excess baggage displaces valuable freight which is the reason a charge is made. Please be advised that we are unable to waiver any additional baggage for your flight.

However ,Qantas does offer an immigrant fare which may allow additional baggage allowance. For all further information and particular requirements will need to be arranged with the Qantas Airways staff in London.

As a service to our customers, Qantas offers an unaccompanied baggage service which is a more cost effective alternative to paying excess baggage charges. This service is provided via Qantas Freight and you can contact them using the following link -

qantasfreight.com

Again, thank you for your email and we wish you a pleasant journey.'

So the fact that I racked up 96K FF miles on Qantas seems to count for nothing.

If I join Qantas Club I could get 10KG extra & access to the Qantas / BA lounges but that costs $710.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Pinhead

Qantas have the passengers sewn up every which way on this one. The "special migrant fare" is about £300 dearer than a normal one-way Economy Class seat. Via that you get the double baggage allowance whether or not you turn up with the extra baggage.

Effectively it is a way of frontloading the price of the seat with the full extra 20kgs of excess baggage at the full rate, forcing people to use Qantas Freight.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived